Thursday 12 July 2012

'The Twelfth' - a mid-year single day holiday. Paid.

How glad am I that we're off on a holiday today. I'm off until 18th! A combination of time owed and "working from home." I went to bed ridiculously early at 8.30pm last night and surfaced just after noon today.

I went to the Royal Hospital yesterday for a speech therapy consultation and it was some journey trying to find the place. It was in the old building, out the back of the Children's hospital, which is beautiful. I love the stone floors, wooden banisters and high ceilings with cornices. Even the x-ray room was brilliant with painted animals and The Wizard of Oz on tv and even the TV was amazing!

All fine, just got to endure an endoscopy, a tube down my nose, and then hopefully I can start some speech therapy.

On a gross note, Dad went and killed a rabbit and Mum was on the Internet trying to find out how to cook it. He swore blind there was no dead rabbit in the garage and bet £200 on it. I'm rich! Except I don't think I'll ever see the cash. Ever. I really want a pair of jelly shoes and £200 would buy me a lot of jelly shoes. I am a socks and sandals fan.

Today has been sunny and gorgeous for the first time in ages, I can smell BBQs (or bonfires). We're not a country to pass up the opportunity of a summer's day. Out come the rusty BBQs, the grass cut, the food is burnt (and the people). Dad has this huge tent up in the back garden 'to air'. Cheap holiday I suppose. Mum's head is full of camping ideas 'as long as there are toilet facilities nearby.'.

I am very, very close to getting my allotment back. Its a waiting game at the moment but here's what it looks like:

Terrible. I shall restore it to it's former glory.

And last but not least; the 30 Day Challenge! I am sad. First it was a memory card issue then the camera broke. It's with the manufacturers at the moment and I am terrified they won't return it. *fingers crossed*.

I'm attempting to blog on my phone so going to publish this and have a look.

Happy day off people!

No comments:

Post a Comment