Sunday 9 September 2012

Sunday Evening - the time before the dreaded Monday morning

Hello there!

I'm trying to eke out the last of my weekend before going back to work tomorrow.  I've only managed to watch one film and 3 episodes of Real Housewives of New York. One of the housewives is following me on twitter too. I am too cool for school. I watched a film called 'The Spiral Staircase' about a man who murders women who have 'something wrong with them.' I must say I was *surprised* when the murderer was revealed.  These old films are the best.


There is so much wrong with this picture. For a start, Christmas chocolate. It's only September and Halloween hasn't even been yet. This discounted chocolate means I'm going to start my winter gorging earlier than planned. Secondly product placement is a bit retarded and sums up today's society quite well I think.  I, personally, start thinking about Christmas towards the end of November. Working out how much to spend on presents but still leaving plenty of the paycheck for self-gifting. It's all about getting the priorities right.


This bee thing has good taste, this lovely, purple flower is part of a chocolate mint plant.  Actually. It smells like chocolate mint. CHOCOLATE MINT! I haven't actually used it for anything yet. Ideas welcome. I probably won't use any of them but feel free to suggest!

Monobrow Dog


Cauliflower cheese looks like congealed sick.  I tried it today for the first time and it wasn't bad. Think I'd rather have the sick on a separate plate please. It doesn't go with my peas.


This Gnome flowerpot thing was a gift to my Mum. I love it. Mum only kept it because it was given to her by someone special otherwise it would have been in the bin. There is clearly no accounting for taste...(Mum)


Told you I had an aspiring model.  Here is Andrew modelling the red neck look.


If I don't stop buying books I'm going to have to remove the legs of my bed and use books to hold it up. My book collection is now spreading under the bed. I'm going to have to have a chat with the parents. It's time they moved out (of their own home). I need the space.


Imagined conversation:

Parents: Why should we move out? It's our home.

Me: Don't be selfish. I didn't ask to be born. I wish you weren't my parents. I'm adopted. My real parents wouldn't do this to me.

Parents: Ah, good point. You are absolutely correct. We'll pack our bags and be gone within the hour.

Me: Winner.




2 comments:

  1. Penny is not amused! Don't you have a kindle? maybe it's time you thought about getting one, the piles of books might collapse on you and you'd get trapped! I'm hating the fact all the christmas chocolates are in, it's way too early!! Hows the bike riding going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm I do have a Sony Reader but still end up with paperbacks. I might use the Reader at nighttime if it's a big paperback! Death by Books sounds good to me! Sort of!

    The bicycle is fabulous. Love the basket and still looking for one to fit Penny.

    How are the chickens and my God Cat?

    ReplyDelete