Saturday 23 February 2013

I missed the Superbowl!

Hello there!

It's been a while since I posted anything and after reading some terrific posts I decided to attempt a readable post of my own.

I love Art and crafty things and retro/vintage (the real stuff - not eBay's version of 'vintage', made in 2012) but sadly my hands are like clumsy potatoes and my attention span is shocking.  I have never completed anything I've knitted. Ever. Well except maybe a scarf for my dog but it has gone AWOL.  So I find complete satisfaction from reading Hey Homewrecker's (a.k.a Linda) blog.

I love travel writing, reading about different cultures and looking at photos but I can't see beyond the dreariness of Belfast and the daily grind so reading Bartlam's writings cheer me up no end. Fantastic photography is produced by Katrina. I just love her photography.

Here is a photograph of my journey to work:




I read well though. If it involves my 100% polyester blanket then it will be done well. I read papers daily, books, e-books, blog posts, cereal boxes and shampoo bottles well.

I have only started reading again this morning after FOUR days of forced abstinence. I was down with the sickness but it meant a backlog of things to read!



Does anyone read the Fourtean Times It quite odd but has some fun bits in it like the above 'Lost in the Post' article.  Someone scours the web for this stuff and it's brilliant.

My friend bought me this fantastic night light! Squee! Isn't it just the cutest.

  

But my dog is trying everything she can to get her teeth on it.  It will have to go if she doesn't STOP! (A postcard of Highclere Castle in the background there a.k.a Downton Abbey) I might have to adopt Rabbit out actually.

Today, whilst remaining bed bound, I have already spent £££ on more books, clothes and renewing my PETA membership.

Sometimes I think the internet is bad.

I was reading a blog by a lady who vowed not to spend for 100 days. She failed on day one.....and day two...and day three etc.  She justified her purchases too which kinda defeated the purpose.

We have all done that though haven't we. G'wan, fess up.

I have two pairs of platform trainers, in town, waiting to be picked up, because, clearly, I have no shoes.  Even though I'm sick, I'd wear them in bed.  That is devotion. Photos for Bartlam in the next week or so!

Oh, and the blog title? Can you believe that?! I completely forgot and turned off my tv. Didn't even record it.

Laters lovelies!


2 comments:

  1. <3 thank you! you're one of few who really praise me for my photography skillz!

    oh yeah- I love all of your repins in Pinterest, the cats in particular hehehe

    xx
    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nod ma'am.

    I would say you didn't miss much but, it actually turned out to be a very good football game. Of course, I missed all but the last five minutes because the first half was a blow out. After the missus got to see the half time show we turned it off.

    Maybe I can get you something exotic next week...I'll either be on the Mississippi Gulf Coast or between a swamp and a sugar cane field in Louisiana.

    To be honest, until yesterday, my drive to work hasn't looked much different. We have been soaked.

    ReplyDelete